ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Working within the Account vertical will allow you the opportunity to contribute in a direct and meaningful way to the success of FanDuel: providing fast, intuitive mechanisms to sign-up, login, conduct identity verifications, and manage security, driving customer acquisition and retention. The systems you design, develop and maintain have a measurable impact on the success of FanDuel and your work will be visible to all.
What are the problems we look to solve? Our systems need to be fast, reliable and scalable: we need to flex to accommodate fast changing commercial and legislative changes, scale to accommodate the biggest sporting events in the world, and be resilient to ensure our customers have a seamless and fun product experience.
Working with the Account vertical puts you at the very first stage in delivering an outstanding FanDuel experience for our customers.
As a Technical Lead on the team, you work to deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing and new software initiatives. You consider where each system is in its life cycle and, where appropriate, proactively fix architectural deficiencies. You make existing systems simpler (e.g., by consolidating redundant systems, deleting unnecessary code, or removing/updating out-of-date documentation). You are able to take control on large projects that require the work of the team. You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance.
As an experienced engineer, you show a desire to understand the business motivations for the work we do and use your technical expertise to guide business recommendations. You communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels to ensure management of expectations and delivery timescales.
As an enthusiastic coach, you mentor team members at all levels. You provide technical assessments for promotion to Sr. SE & Lead SE. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and their engineering practices. You ensure the team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to succeed.
Everyone on our team has a part to play. We are looking for technical authorities who can take ownership of the architecture and the code base. You will, ideally, have experience of influencing the technical direction of a team in a scaling or established technology organisation.
What We’re Looking For
- Skilled in Java and ideally SpringBoot
- Ideally full-stack with experience in our chosen front end technologies: React, Typescript
- Experienced in working with AWS cloud based infrastructure and technologies
- Experienced in relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation, ideally Kubernetes (K8s)
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Recruiter screen call (20-30 minutes)
- Java paired programming exercise (45-1 hour)
- System design interview (1 hour)
- x3 rounds (1 hour each) of discussion based interviews (Operational excellence, Deals with Ambiguity, Delivers Working Software)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job description are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we’d love to speak with you.
Location: our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh (EH3 9FQ) and is fitted with great amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
Applicants should be willing to travel to our Edinburgh Tech Hub from time to time.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.