ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, Canada, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.
Its network FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer OTT platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel Group, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creative professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for a Retail Regional Compliance Manager to join our Sportsbook Retail team! This person will be responsible for completing compliance checks across a number of venues within our portfolio to give assurance that internal controls, regulations, responsible gaming processes and legislation is being followed on a daily basis.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Become a subject matter expert on retail operations & compliance.
- Understand and review regulatory framework and complexities per state to support writing standard operational procedures and internal controls.
- Familiarize and understand the policies, procedures, and training within the retail organization.
- Build relationships with regulators, sportsbook management, access partners, and wider FanDuel Group compliance team.
- Escalate & report potential compliance issues and incidents and emergency procedures for retail compliance issues.
- Conduct site visits and complete checklists of policies/procedures to ensure retail compliance to regulations, internal controls and responsible gambling procedures.
- Document and present reports with a focus on key findings, trends and insights on checklist findings, identifying issues and opportunities to senior management.
- Work with central compliance team to continue the strive for Best-In-Class operational compliance.
- Continuous monitoring and review of state compliance and responsible gambling processes to identify new regulations and areas for improvement.
- Identify, develop and execute a project plan for enhancement of retail compliance training in conjunction with the wider retail compliance team.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a compliance, regulatory, legal or auditing environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming and/or racing license and satisfy all regulatory requirements
- Ability to actively listen to what others have to say and restate information to ensure understanding
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in legal or regulatory and compliance management preferred
- Previous experience within a gaming operations environment or similar is a plus
- Proven record of evaluating and deploying technology for facilitation and assurance of task management
- Excellent writing and communications skills, the ability to negotiate and persuade, and a sound understanding of corporate compliance and general business practices
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!.” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes our company stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $99,000 - $136,400, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.