FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey , Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: FLUT).
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a Front-End Engineer your primary responsibility will be to help build Web-based applications and tools for FanDuel customers using React and other related libraries and frameworks. As part of the FanDuel Media engineering team you will have the opportunity to participate in areas of technical innovation and integration as we expand the capabilities of our web applications, partner integration and online betting where available. You will work with the Product teams to set long-term strategy and aligning technical solutions with business objectives. Communicate and drive complex, large, long-term strategic initiatives from idea through execution.
You are a significant contributor to FanDuel Media applications and experiences. Your work is consistently of high quality. You solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices. You work with your team to invent, design and build software that is stable and performant. You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them and when it is not.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Support software engineers engaged in creating innovative solutions for sports gaming and video technologies and applications.
- Day-to-Day collaboration on technology discussions and initiatives.
- Experience working in a team setting utilizing GIT and pull requests.
- You are willing to learn new languages and tools and work in an agile environment.
- Design and deliver technical solutions for high quality, scalable, and distributed consumer facing products, incorporating cloud infrastructure (AWS) and delivering architecturally sound solutions in the absence of highly experienced individual contributors.
- You clearly document your software and establish best practices for your team and other future teams.
- Build POC and prototype solutions for new streaming technologies and platforms.
- In the event of a problem, you are able to troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, and thoroughly resolve defects.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- 3+ years building scalable web or mobile applications using React and React Native.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of video infrastructure and distribution.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g., Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Able to work with other engineers and teams across multiple projects and time zones
- Knowledge of web application deployment and support
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g., Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Familiar with front end libraries and tools (next.js, cypress…).
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."