FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Working in our Wallet domain, this Software Engineer role will be a part of a team who manage our customers ‘wallet’, which includes payments and withdrawals; transaction history; reporting player activity and capturing data for tax implications. It’s a critical team within FanDuel that interacts with a lot of internal engineering teams so the service needs to be fast, reliable and high quality!
This team is fully backend focused (mainly using Java), and works across everything from design through to support, with a wide range of technologies at your disposal (and plenty you can gain exposure to!). As a result, you need to be able to context change and understand the different mindsets required - especially when it comes to production support!
Some of our tech stack includes: Java, Python, Spring, Spring Boot, AWS, Github, BuildKite, SonarCube, IaC tools (Terraform, K8s, Docker), Datadog, Puppet.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Creating high quality code to further our backend systems and technical solutions in Wallet (using Java)
- Focusing on operational excellence (leaving things better than when you found them)
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies like daily huddles, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective
- Engaging in code reviews and pair-programming
- Problem-solving and debugging code, including Production Support
- Working closely with your team and US counterparts
What We’re Looking For
You will have most of the following experience:
- Strong experience with Java, creating distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems and APIs.
- Have an API first mentality (we use Kong for API Gateways)
- Experience working within a production support environment
- Working in a cloud environment (we use AWS)
What You Can Expect
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Recruiter Screen - 30mins
- Competency Interview - 60mins
- Technical Interview - 60mins
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more.
We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where we normally spend a day or two in the office per week.